Thankful Turkey Craft
Ages 2 yrs+, adult supervision and assistance needed
There are a variety of turkey crafts for November and here is a favorite of ours as it gives us a chance to show how we are grateful. Toddlers will enjoy coloring the body and feathers. Preschoolers can try to draw pictures or write words to show how they are thankful. Encourage older children to think of meaningful things and write messages on the feathers. Keep your turkey on display for the month or send it to a friend or relative.
Turkey body, construction paper, scissors, glue or tape, crayons or markers
1. Print the turkey body template and feather template.
2. Color and cut out the turkey body.
3. Trace the feather template 3-5 times on construction paper. Allow space at the bottom of the paper for two legs.
4. Cut out the feathers and legs.
Accordion fold (back and forth) the legs and glue or tape to the body of turkey.
5. Write a thankful message on each feather and glue or tape to the body.