Planning Your Group Visit
- Self-Guided Exploration Visit: $7.00 per student
- Elementary Program and Visit: $8.00 per student
- Focused Elementary Programs and Visit: $8.00 per student
- Planetarium Program Only: $4.00 per student; $60.00 minimum (Maximum 40 students per session)
- Planetarium Program and Visit:$8.00 per student
Hours & Location Details
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wednesday through Sunday
Location: The Children’s Museum of Virginia is centrally located in the heart of Hampton Roads, just a short distance from Williamsburg and Virginia Beach
Group Drop-Off: Bus drop-off is located on King Street, directly behind the museum. Parking is available on County Street.
Parking: Parking is available for cars/vans in the County Street and Middle Street garages. Parking rates are $1.25 per hour.
For a Successful Visit
- As you exit the bus, prior to entering the building, ensure that students are grouped with their chaperones. We realize that not all chaperones will ride the bus, but please ask them to meet your group outside upon arrival.
- Coats, backpacks, and lunches should be left in the bins provided during orientations.
- To help keep our museum safe and clean, no food or drinks are allowed in the museum.
- Students must stay with their chaperones at all times.
- We encourage teachers to provide nametags for their students and/or colored T-shirts that distinguishes your group.
- Students should use indoor voices, walk not run.
- Students should be courteous of others trying to use an exhibit.
- Students should return items to their proper place.
- Please visit Education Resources Page to better prepare your group for their visit.