Museum to You
Our sessions at your site feature demonstrations, interactive discussions, and hands-on activities led by Museum Educators. Each option is learning standard correlated and grade-level targeted.
- Programs are available year round and are designed for a classroom of 20-30 students.
- Contact the Education Coordinator, Christyne Matyseck at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our Program Inquiry Form to schedule your visit today!
Prices are set by classroom presentation (max 20-30 students in each session).
- Preschool (ages 3-5): $65 for one 20-25 minute program, $55 per program for two or more programs on the same day.
- Grades K-2: $105 for one 40 minute program, $95 per program for two or more programs in the same day.
- Grades 3-5: $105 for one 40 minute workshop, $95 per workshop for two or more on the same day.
Travel Fee (round trip):
Travel Fees are determined by roundtrip mileage from 221 High Street to the school site and are not eligible for discounts.
- Portsmouth City Limits—$0
- 10-29 miles: $20
- 30-49 miles: $35 (minimum two programs)
- 50-75 miles: $50 (minimum two programs)
- 75-100 miles: $100 (minimum two programs)
Preschool Programs: Ages 3-5
- The Five Senses: Touch, see, smell, hear, and taste. Discover how we use all of our senses to understand the world around us.(Science Foundation Block 1.a)
- Bubbles, Bubbles, Everywhere: Large ones, small ones, some as big as your head. Blow some bubbles and see the amazing spheres of colors you can make. Note: This program occurs outside in warmer weather.(Science Foundation Block 4)
- Life Cycles in Nature: Act out the life of a tree. Dance like a honeybee. Learn about the life cycles of all kinds of organisms—from plants to animals to creepy crawlies.(Science Foundation Block 5 a, c)
Early Elementary: Grades K-2
- The Five Senses: Our senses will be strong as we explore what it means to see, hear, touch and smell. Students will play a sorting and matching game to identify 5 senses. (Science K.5)
- Life Cycles of Nature: Act out the life of a tree. Dance like a honeybee. Learn about the life cycles of all kinds of organisms—from plants to animals to creepy crawlies. (Science K.7)
- Motion: Students explore simple physics and engineering concepts and use colorful building pieces to engineer a new “Slides – and – Rides” playground. Students will build one model to showcase a type of motion (Side to side, circular and straight line). (Science 1.1, 1.2)
- Magnets: Rediscover the forces of magnetism! Review the concepts of poles, forces of magnetic fields, magnetic & nonmagnetic surfaces along with push & pull. Students explore rare earth magnets, lodestones and use electromagnets to understand relevant applications. (Science 2.2)
Upper Elementary: Grades 3-5
Students refine their engineering skills and deepen their knowledge of the engineering and design progress in these expanded workshops. Challenges are posed and students investigate solutions, make observation and review results. (Science 3.1, 4.1, 5.1)
Contact Education Coordinator, Christyne Matyseck for program options: email@example.com