Download the following Education Resources prior to your group’s museum visit to make the most of your experience:
Pre-School Programs: Ages 3-5
- Andalo and the Five Senses (Outreach Only)
- Bubbles, Bubbles, Everywhere (Outreach Only)
- Lifecycles in Nature
- Magnets for Beginners
Early Elementary: Grades K-2
Upper Elementary: Grades 3-5
- Colors From Space
- Moon, Motion and Mysteries
- Water, Water Everywhere
- Climate in a Changing World
- Solar System Secrets
- Catch a Star
- One World One Sky
- Our Sky Tonight
- Skywatchers of Africa and Follow the Drinking Gourd
Can’t have a program, but still want an SOL activity? Try one of our scavenger hunts instead!
Discover the museum using your five senses.
This one is appropriate for ages 4-7 with the assistance of an adult. Covers Virginia’s Foundation Blocks for Early Learning for Science, VA SOL K.2.
• Download Five Senses Scavenger Hunt
Motion Scavenger Hunt
Learn the different ways objects move in the museum by exploring the exhibits and their motion. Covers VA SOL Science 1.1 1.2.
• Download Motion Scavenger Hunt
Simple Machines Scavenger Hunt
The museum has a lot of simple machines helping it move and tick, and the exhibits can be found in this search and seek! Covers SOLs: Science 3.1 3.2.
• Download Simple Machines Scavenger Hunt
Children’s Museum Explorer Scavenger Hunt
Designed for visitors that are fifth grade and older, this comprehensive museum exploration follows science of sound and electricity, math skills and the social sciences. Covers SOLs: Science 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.6; US.1, US.2.
• Download Children’s Museum of Virginia “Explorer” Scavenger Hunt