Your Child Gets Great Memories. You Get A Great Deal.
There’s no place else in Hampton Roads like the Children’s Museum for hosting a fantastic birthday celebration. The setting is amazing, the atmosphere is exciting and the memories we help you create will last forever.
- Book Your Party – Please complete and submit the Birthday Party Reservation Form or complete the Online Inquiry Form to start the reservation process.
You will receive a phone call once your reservation request has been received. During the call, we can answer any questions and schedule your party. A deposit will be required to confirm your reservation. After your deposit is received, you will receive a confirmation letter.
We recommend placing a request for a birthday party as early as possible to increase your chances of getting your preferred date.
Andalo’s Bodacious Birthday Party Pricing And Packaging:
Our parties are designed for families who enjoy an exciting, well-organized party in a one-of-a-kind place! The party fun starts in a special birthday room, and continues with time in the museum!
- Party Package A: 24 people-$225
- Party Package B: 36 people-$360
Enthusiast members receive a $25 discount off. Stargazer members receive a $50 discount off and visionary members receive a $100 discount off of birthday party packages.
Andalo’s Bodacious Birthday Party Includes:
- Use of a private room for 90 minutes
- Full-day Museum Admission
- Host/hostess has access to the birthday room 15 minutes prior to the scheduled party time and 15 minutes afterward for clean-up
- Andalo mascot makes a 20 minute appearance for photo opportunities
- Birthday child receives a gift
- Use of our printable Childrens Museum Birthday Party Invitations
- Use of our tables, chairs and cart
- Use of refrigerator/freezer
- Use of our tablecloths and ice machine
- Train Program: Our train technician will conduct a discussion about trains and a personal train tour for 30 minutes. Cost is $50, and it must be requested two weeks prior to when the party is scheduled to take place.
- Birthday Shout-Out: Your child’s name will be flashed on our digital board during the party. Cost is $10, and it must be requested a week prior to when the party is scheduled to take place.
*ALL guests (children & adults) should be included in the group total.
The Grown-Up Details
- A non-refundable deposit is due when the party is reserved.
- Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of deposit.
- Remaining balance is due upon completion of party.
- Payments may be made with cash, personal checks or credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover).
Checks should be made payable to Children’s Museum of Virginia and mailed to:
Children’s Museum of Virginia
521 Middle Street
Portsmouth, VA 23704
You are responsible for bringing your food, cake, drinks, and paper products. The host has access to the birthday room 15 minutes before your scheduled party time for set up and 15 minutes after for clean up.
*ALL guests (children and adults) are included in the birthday party final count numbers.
- Parking is available at the County Street parking garage
- Children’s Museum Address: 221 High Street, Portsmouth, VA 23704
Need a Great Gift Idea?
The Children’s Museum gift shop is a convenient, child-oriented place to purchase the perfect birthday gift or gift card. Choose from a wide variety of unique, fun and educational toys and gifts.